If you are experiencing an outflow of money due to a high electricity bill, then there is good news for you. To promote rooftop solar installation by residents in the country, the Government of India has introduced a simplified procedure for installing residential grid-connected rooftop solar power plants. GOI is implementing a Grid-connected Rooftop Solar DBT Scheme (Phase-II). Under this scheme, Ministry is providing 40% subsidy for the first 3 kW and 20% subsidy beyond 3 kW and up to 10 kW.
For this purpose, MNRE has launched a national portal www.solarrooftop.gov.in Residents interested in installing the on-grid solar rooftop system under the new simplified procedure must apply through this portal. To get the solar system installed at your home and enjoy the subsidy benefits, follow the below-mentioned procedure below.
Step by Step Process To Apply Online For Solar Rooftop Subsidy (DBT Scheme):
Step 1. Registration :
- ▶ Download the SANDES app and register on National Portal by selecting their respective state DISCOM.
- ▶ Enter the electricity connection number/consumer number (mentioned in your bill) Email Id & Mobile number.
- ▶ The mobile number and email verification will be done through the OTP authentication & email activation link.
Step 2. Application Submission :
- ▶ After successful registration, you can proceed with applying for the installation of a grid-connected solar rooftop system at your home.
- ▶ You will get an application form prefilled with the details entered at the time of registration.
- ▶ Now enter the following details in the application form:
- ◇ Name on electricity bill
- ◇ House Address
- ◇ Capacity of a proposed rooftop system
- ◇ Sanction Load
- ◇ Capacity of existing solar rooftop power plant (If any)
- ▶ Upload a copy of your latest electricity bill
- ▶ You will get an acknowledgment of receipt of the application from the sub-division office (SDO) in your email. You can also download it by logging into the portal.
Step 3. Application forwarded to DISCOM for Approval :
- ▶ Application is forwarded to DISCOM for site analysis.
- ▶ SDO shall carry out technical feasibility analysis or Site verification within 3 working days from the receipt of the application.
- ▶ Approval shall be granted by SDO within 15 days of submission of the application. You are advised not to start installation before getting approved by DISCOM. Approval or rejection will be informed to you by DISCOM via email.
Step 4. Proceed to install rooftop solar system :
- ▶ After getting approval from DISCOM on feasibility analysis you can proceed with the installation of an on-grid solar rooftop system
- ▶ It is mandatory to choose an installer empanelled or registered with DISCOM.
- ▶ Use solar panels built with domestically manufactured solar cells and listed in ALMM. Besides this BIS certified inverter is to be used.
- ▶ An agreement is to be signed between the applicant and the installer. You can download the agreement form from the national portal. The vendor must agree to provide comprehensive maintenance of the solar power plant for a minimum of 5 years
Step 5. Submit project completion details for net-metering and approval:
- ▶ On successful installation of the solar rooftop system, you must submit the "work completion report" and "safety certificate" for net-metering approval. (The Work completion report includes - Wattage, make and numbers of solar panels, the wattage of an inverter, name of the vendor, the photograph of the system, etc. The Safety certificate will be provided by the empanelled vendor.)
- ▶ You have to apply for a net meter device also and must procure it from an empanelled firm. In case of unavailability of a net- meter in Nigam Store buys a net meter that complies with the specifications issued by Nigam.
- ▶ For successful application of net-metering, follow the instructions provided by DISCOM regarding net-metering charges and net-metering agreement.
- ▶ The net-metering application is forwarded to DISCOM.
Step 6. DISCOM officials will install the net-meter:
- ▶ After approval from DISCOM, the SDO team will commission the system by installing a Net-meter and connecting the rooftop system to the grid.
Step 7. DISCOM issue Commissioning Certificate:
- ▶ After the successful commissioning of the system, a "Commissioning Certificate" will be issued by DISCOM that you can download from their website.
Step 8. Submit bank details:
- ▶ Now you have to submit your bank details and upload a copy of the canceled cheque so, the fund handling agency can release the subsidy directly into your bank account.